The app offers tablet interface choices and swappable keyboard designs.
Nuance Communications has released a new version of the Swype keyboard that now lets users sync their personal dictionary across multiple mobile devices, features three different tablet keyboards, updates dictionaries with relevant trending hotwords, and offers multiple keyboard theme choices.
Swype is a four-in-one keyboard that lets people choose how they stay connected, whether they swype, type, write, or speak. Swype learns each individual user's text input style and builds a personal language model.
In addition to the new capabilities announced earlier this year, Swype now features:
- Dictionary Backup & Sync: Swype now backs up and syncs a user's personal dictionary across any of their mobile devices. So now when nicknames like "Ollie" are added to a mobile phone, that word will be automatically added to the personal dictionary on a tablet as well as all other registered devices.
- Swype for Tablets: Swype offers a choice of three keyboard layouts for tablets: the original keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split keyboard.
- Hotwords: Swype updates dictionaries with the latest global trending words. Swype users can opt-in to receive updates to their dictionaries and stay up to date with the newest 'hotwords', like "Gangnam Style."
- Themes: Swype allows users to further personalize their devices with the new keyboard theme options. Users can access up to 10 themes in Swype's settings menu.
- More Language Support: The latest update to Swype also features enhancements to the Chinese keyboard with an additional tool bar and has added a Flick keyboard to Japanese. Users can also expect many more languages with advanced language models that predict the words and phrases users Swype the most.
"Swype has proven that Android users love choice and flexibility as part of their user experience," said Michael Thompson, executive vice president and general manager of Nuance Mobile, in a statement. "Swype has truly embraced a multimodal, personalized keyboard that learns and adapts to each user's preference. And with the ability to carry that experience across Android devices, pick your keyboard layout, automatically stay up on key trends and hotwords, Swype is by far the most customizable keyboard on the market."