Edify Releases Edify Voice Interaction Platform Release 9.5
Edify released the Edify Voice Interaction Platform (EVIP), Release 9.5 with enhanced support for hardware- and software-based Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
New and updated features in EVIP Release 9.5 include:
- Intel NetStructure Host Media Processing Software Support - Enterprises can now deliver VoIP either through a traditional card-based solution or by using a Host Media Processing (HMP) software-only approach from Intel.
- MRCP 1.0 Support (HMP Only) - Supports the Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP) open standard for speech recognition engine support. MRCP is a network protocol that provides an interface between speech media servers and speech application platforms, controlling speech resources over a network.
- Windows 2003 SP1 and Windows XP Support - EVIP Release 9.5 supports Windows 2003 operating environment for business operations and Windows XP for development.
- The new release extends Edify's VoiceXML 2.0 certified voice browser to include VoIP (no gateway required). Edify is verifying support for VoiceXML 2.0 on this new release.
- Nuance OSDM 2.0 support - Supports Nuance OpenSpeech Dialog Modules Release 2.0 (OSDM 2.0) allowing those customers who would like to utilize OSDM-based solutions from Nuance to run those solutions using an Edify VoiceXML browser in either a standalone mode or as part of the all-in-one product.
- Cut/Copy/Paste between Application Objects (AOs) - Supports cut, copy, and paste between Application Objects. This feature allows work done in one object to be cut and pasted to others.