Speech Processing Solutions Teams Up with ZyDoc
Speech Processing Solutions, the maker of Philips dictation systems, is partnering with ZyDoc, a medical transcription, speech recognition, and natural language processing (NLP) technologies integrator.
The companies' technologies provide professional services and support for integrating voice workflow solutions for clinical documentation by adding functionality from Philips to the ZyDoc transcription platform. It also allows ZyDoc to install enterprise-wide dictation systems behind clients' firewalls for complete security.
Expanded features now available to ZyDoc transcription clients and Philips channel partners include the following:
- Front-end speech recognition for radiologists and doctors;
- Back-end speech recognition for typists;
- HIPAA-secure digital recorders and remote enterprise-wide device management;
- An advanced template management system;
- Smartphone dictation;
- Improved report management;
- Automatic generation of structured reporting, and
- An easier HL-7 interface.
"The relationship with Speech Processing Solutions allows us to expand ZyDoc's Web-based transcription services with sophisticated Philips voice technology, including the capability to install HIPAA-compliant dictation systems in highly secure enterprise-level network environments," said James Maisel, chairman of ZyDoc, in a statement.
Florence combines speech recognition with clinical language understanding to help clinicians manage workflows.