VocaLabs' SectorPulse Report Shows T-Mobile and Verizon Continue to Lead Wireless Customer Service
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - In Vocal Laboratories' seventh quarterly report comparing the service levels of five cellular telephone providers, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile continue to lead, but Cingular is showing considerable improvement and is closing the gap. ATandT Wireless, now part of Cingular, is also showing improvement in all categories, and has passed Sprint PCS to move up from fifth place.
Vocal Laboratories surveys customers of these businesses in the categories of caller satisfaction, single call completion, automation rate, caller frustration rate, average call length, and customer loyalty both before and after the contact.
Each carrier is also benchmarked against customer service levels across all industries in the categories of caller satisfaction and single call task completion.
- Verizon was the only carrier to earn an "A" in satisfaction, but dropped to a "C" in completion since our last report.
- T-Mobile remained consistent with "B"s in both categories.
- Cingular improved from a "C" to a "B" in satisfaction remaining at "C" in completion.
- ATandT moved up to a "C" in both categories.
- Sprint stayed the same with a "C" in satisfaction and a "D" in completion.
Peter Leppik, VocaLabs CEO says, "Grades for caller satisfaction ranged from an "A" to a "D" showing that customers get very different experiences from different companies. The companies with higher scores tend to have more loyal customers, suggesting that an investment in customer service pays off."