Speech Technology Magazine
Subscribe to Magazine
Current Online Edition
Customer Service Experience
Online Reference Guides
Vertical Markets Guide
2016 Media Kit
2016 Editorial Calendar
Other Information Today Sites
Smart Customer Service
March 06, 2007
Voice: The New Fingerprint?
Voice biometric consultants and technology are ready to fight back against fraudsters.
It's a Persona, Not a Personality
In IVR design, it should be about finding the right voice, not the right character.
Speech Technology Digest
AVIOS Names Winners of Annual Awards
AVIOS, a not-for-profit professional membership organization, named the winners of its annual awards.
Wizzard Creates Podcasting Distribution Network
PITTSBURGH Wizzard Software signed the final merger agreement for the acquisition of podcasting company Webmayhem, dba Liberated Syndication.
Athlone Global Security Invests in Persay
NEW YORK - Athlone Global Security acquired a minority interest with options to make additional investments in Persay.
Chesterfield Royal Hospital Enhances Documentation Workflow
LONDON - Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust awarded SRC a European public tender to roll-out a Trust-wide digital dictation and workflow management solution.
Calabrio Software Launches Channel Partner Reseller Program
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. and ORLANDO, Fla. - Calabrio Software launched its channel partner reseller program.
Frederick's of Hollywood Selects Voxify Automated Agents for Its Call Center
ALAMEDA, Calif. - Specialty retailer Frederick's of Hollywood will use Voxify technology for its inbound marketing and customer service call center operations.
Army Unit Learns Arabic with Videogame by Alelo
More than 2,000 soldiers of the U.S. Army's 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment at Ft. Irwin, near Los Angeles, will learn how to communicate in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Tactical Language & Culture Training Systems by Alelo.
CallMiner Launches International Operations with Opening of UK Office
FORT MYERS, Fla. & SLOUGH, Berkshire, United Kingdom - CallMiner, a provider of speech analytics solutions, opened their first international base of operations.
Seiko Instruments Implements Fonix Speech Interface on New Electronic Dictionary
- Fonix Speech's Fonix DECtalk text-to-speech (TTS) has been placed on a new electronic dictionary manufactured and sold by Seiko Instruments, a producer of consumer electronics.
Philips and Health Language Team Up
- Royal Philips Electronics and Health Language launched a technology initiative to advance system interoperability in healthcare with the help of speech recognition.
Aspect Software and Microsoft Form Alliance
Aspect Software formed an alliance to deliver a solution targeted at small and midsize contact centers.
Genesys Unveils Key Capabilities of Dynamic Contact Center
SAN FRANCISCO - Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories unveiled key capabilities of the Dynamic Contact Center (DCC).
DR Systems and Novation Sign Agreement
SAN DIEGO - DR Systems was awarded a new contract with Novation for its radiology information systems (RIS) and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS).
Calabrio Software Broadens Contact Center Portfolio with Business Intelligence Software
Calabrio Software released Calabrio Vision, reporting and analytics software.
MPK Automotive Systems Partners with bridgeSpeak
- MPK Automotive Systems, developer of a Microsoft-based dealer management system (DMS), has partnered with bridgeSpeak to bring franchised automotive dealers a way to connect their DMS with their phone system.
IBM Awarded with Genesys Gold Certification
SAN FRANCISCO - IBM has earned the Genesys Gold Certification in
for the full Genesys software suite.
Aspect Software Names Customer Contact Solutions Nigeria Limited as New Channel Partner
Customer Contact Solutions Nigeria Limited (CCSNL) is Aspect Software's newest channel partner in
Dialogic Selects Distributors for Its Customers in the Americas
MIAMI - Dialogic Corporation released the list of distribution partners that will carry its product lines in the
Aculab's Prosody X PCIe Card Enters General Availability
- Aculab's Prosody X PCIe, a VoIP media processing platform with PCI Express bus compatibility, is now available for shipment.
eResource Signs Technology and Marketing Agreement with IBM
- eResource, a systems integrator specializing in advanced call center solutions, entered a technology and marketing partnership with IBM.
BigHand Provides Integration Support for Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9600
ATLANTA - BigHand is offering immediate support for the new Digital Pocket Memo 9600.>
SkyCreek Launches v5.4 of the Call Notify IVR Platform
- SkyCreek Corporation launched v5.4 of the flagship offering, the Call Notify IVR Platform.
AVST Launches CallXpress 7.9 Unified Communications Solution
- Applied Voice & Speech Technologies (AVST) launched a new version of its flagship unified communications (UC) solution, CallXpress.
Avaya Enhances Its IP Telephony Portfolio
- Avaya enhanced its Internet Protocol (IP) telephony portfolio, with the next generation of its IP telephony platform and availability of its line of Avaya one-X Deskphones.
Aspect Software Releases Aspect Performance Management
- Aspect Software and Merced Systems released a new Aspect Software product offering, Aspect Performance Management, an application powered by Merced Performance Suite, that uses dashboards, notifications, and workflows.
Speech Technology News Features
Brits to Try Lie Detectors for Benefits Seekers
Incoming phone calls to benefits centers to be monitored for voice changes.
The View from AVIOS
Highlighting Metrics and Mobility
The new generation of applications and services will provide long-term growth for the industry.
Copyright © 2007 - 2016, Speech Technology Media, a division of Information Today, Inc.