Ai Squared Releases Window-Eyes 9.1 Screen Reader
Ai Squared, a provider of technology solutions for people with visual impairments, has released version 9.1 of its Window-Eyes screen reader, making the Web even more accessible to people who are blind or visually impaired.
Window-Eyes 9.1 is available as a free upgrade to Window-Eyes. This release offers an enhanced experience across desktop, Web, and mobile platforms. The upgrade includes the following enhancements:
- Support for Google Chrome, opening up an additional major browser;
- Enhanced performance in Firefox;
- Placemarkers have returned to the new Browse Mode, increasing ease of access to favorite parts of Web sites;
- Element Properties have returned to the new Browse Mode
- Even more ARIA functionality added;
- Bug Fixes for iTunes, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, and more; and
- Stability fixes.
"We are extremely proud to continue to provide the best possible Web experience to our customers," said Jeremy Curry, director of product management at Ai Squared, in a statement. "We listen to our customers and have fixed many issues while also adding all-new support for Google Chrome and additional functionality to make it easier for users to browse the Web."
Window-Eyes customers who own version 9 can download the 9.1 upgrade for free by accessing the Check for Updates option in the Window-Eyes Help menu.
Ai Squared's full suite of assistive technology products for individuals and organizations include ZoomText, sitecues, and Window-Eyes.