Alcatel's Genesys Named Top Vendor in Worldwide Voice Portal Shipments
SAN FRANCISCO - Market research firm Gartner, Inc. has named Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. the 2003 worldwide leader for voice portal port shipments in its report entitled "Market Share: Voice Response Systems, Worldwide, 20031." According to the report, Genesys has a worldwide market share of 13.0 percent.
Genesys also achieved the highest port shipment figures in the 2003 EMEA market, securing 15.7 percent market share in the region. In the "Rest of World" (APAC and Latin America) category, Genesys also placed first with 26.7 percent market share. Genesys is ranked second in the North American market with 10.1 percent market share.
The Gartner report states that voice response systems based on voice portal architecture currently account for more than 20 percent of the total market, and that in 2003, voice response port shipments increased for the first time in several years, showing a 6.5 percent year-over-year gain.
This announcement follows Genesys being named in the leaders quadrant in the Gartner 2004 IVR and Voice Portal magic quadrant report2.
Key capabilities of the Genesys Voice Platform include:
- Software solution - VoiceXML and open standards software enables companies to make Web-based information available to customers over any telephone.
- Speech processing capabilities - provides speech-processing capabilities through a VoiceXML browser, SIP interface, speech and text-to-speech integrations.
- Call control functionality - empowers companies to manage the set-up, monitoring and transfer or tear-down of calls using Web standards instead of proprietary technologies, thereby enabling enterprises to more freely integrate across disparate applications and infrastructure.
- Genesys suite integration - self- and assisted-service integration leveraging the Genesys call center solutions, so companies can extend their customer service capabilities from automated to agent-supported transactions.
- Application support - platform supports a range of applications, both custom-designed and packaged third-party solutions.
- Deployment - deployable in front of or behind a PBX; over IP or traditional TDM lines; and on-premise or as a managed service by telecommunications companies and service providers.
1See Gartner report: "Market Share: Voice Response Systems, Worldwide, 2003," authored by S. Cramoysan and D. Kraus (January 2005)
2See Gartner Report: "IVR and Enterprise Voice Portal Magic Quadrant 2004," authored by B. Elliot and D. Kraus (April 2004).