Comcast Service Expands Voice Portfolio with Business VoiceEdge
Comcast has rolled out Business VoiceEdge, a cloud-based voice and unified communications solution managed over Comcast's network.
According to the company, Business VoiceEdge eliminates the need for expensive on-site equipment such as PBX and key systems and provides a predictable monthly cost and high service quality and customer experience. Additionally, Business VoiceEdge delivers a common user experience, high definition quality voice service, and a full suite of unified communications features.
Business VoiceEdge is now available across most of Comcast's Northeastern Division, which includes 14 states from Maine through Virginia and the District of Columbia, as well as Chicago. Nationwide rollout across Comcast's entire service is targeted by the end of the year.
- Be Anywhere: Lets workers integrate their work line with their mobile device, home office, or other locations to have calls follow them or push/pull them between devices without having to disconnect and then reconnect the call.
- Voicemail-to-E-mail: Voice messages reach "anytime, anywhere" workers when away from the office or working remotely by sending a copy of voicemails to their email address.
- Telephony Toolbar: A downloadable client that enables click-to-dial and service management from within Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Business Voice Continuity: Redirects calls to back-up numbers if there is a power outage or other on-site issues to keep business operating.
- Multilocation Simplicity and Commonality: On-net calling between sites using extensions, unified calling experience, add new locations quickly, and share call handling (receptionist, hunt groups, and auto attendants) across offices.
Comcast Business VoiceEdge is the newest addition to the Comcast suite of voice solutions, which include Business Class Voice, a voice line service designed for small businesses, and Business Class Trunks, an intelligent phone service for larger organizations that works with existing PBX equipment and provides scalability and security using Comcast's advanced IP network. Business VoiceEdge is delivered over Comcast's advanced network, which spans 20 of the nation's top 25 markets, and is monitored by multiple Network Operations Centers for 24x7x365 support.
"What sets Comcast apart from other players in this space is that we're the only provider to combine a cloud-based voice service with vast network reach," said Bill Stemper, president of Comcast Business Services, in a statement. "Businesses, especially those with a distributed workforce, need a reliable and consistent voice solution that allows their 'on-the-go' employees to stay connected anytime and anywhere. Together with our Ethernet and alongside our PRI services, we are now delivering an array of solutions for all types of mid-sized organizations."
Wideband audio can make enterprise applications more accurate.