E*TRADE Launches Voice Recognition for iPhone
E*TRADE has rolled out E*TRADE Mobile for iPhone, enabling users to access stock quotes, news and options chains, navigate to their portfolios, and launch a stock order ticket. The feature is powered by Nuance Dragon voice recognition technology.
iPhone users can access the feature with the latest version of E*TRADE Mobile, which is available through the Apple App Store. E*TRADE plans to roll out the same voice capability on Android smartphones later this year.
"Investors are becoming more accustomed to interacting with voice-enabled technology, and we're proud to be one of the first to offer this innovative feature to our mobile users," said Michael Curcio, president, E*TRADE Securities, in a statement. "By integrating voice technology, E*TRADE provides a mobile experience unlike any other, creating a state-of-the-art and convenient approach to navigation."
To activate the application, users can tap the microphone icon at the top right corner of any screen and say a command. For example, they can find stock quotes by speaking a stock name or symbol, access personal investment information by saying, "Show me my portfolio," or pull up a stock order ticket by asking to buy or sell a stock name or symbol.
E*TRADE has also introduced a number of new capabilities on iPhone and Android, including:
- Barcode Scanning for iPhone and Android: Users can snap a photo of a barcode and, if available, get details on the publicly traded company associated with the product.
- Chart Comparison Enhancement for iPhone and Android: E*TRADE customers can compare stocks to other stocks or market indices, all on the same chart.
- Analyst Reports for iPhone: Users can access stock-specific analyst reports.
- CNBC Video for iPhone: Currently available on Android, this feature allows iPhone users to filter video reports based on preferences and interests through CNBC Video on Demand.
- Mobile Check Deposit for Android: Android users can now deposit checks directly with their smart phone camera. This was launched earlier this year on iPhone.
- Mutual Fund Trading for iPhone and Android.
- E*TRADE education videos for Android.