Enghouse Updates Communications Portal
Enghouse Interactive, a developer of customer interaction management solutions, released Communications Portal v9.0 (formerly Syntellect Communications Portal / Envox Communications Development Platform).
Enhancements to Enghouse Interactive Communications Portal v9.0 include the following:
- Multi-Engine Architecture: The ability to partition channels into multiple processes instead of a single engine.
- Call Reconnect: Enables an automatic engine restart based on a pre-defined schedule or specific conditions with all telephone connections maintained and no lost calls.
- VoiceXML Studio: A graphical development environment.
- Enhanced Console Security: Strength control meter displays the quality of the password entered and enforces new password strength requirements.
- Development Environment Enhancements and Updates: Enhanced support for CCXML 1.0, redundant ASR servers, resource pooling, and dynamic ASR allocations.
Enghouse Interactive Communications Portal is an open, standards-based platform with integrated application development and management components. Beyond traditional IVR, Communications Portal combines support for IP communication, including voice, video, SMS, and email messaging, with comprehensive support for traditional voice communication.
"Enghouse Interactive is committed to helping our users improve customer engagement while reducing the cost of those interactions. Communications Portal v9.0 provides a robust, standards-based voice and messaging application platform that enables more rapid development and deployment of dynamic self-service applications that help us deliver on that commitment," said J.R. Sloan, product director at Enghouse Interactive, in a statement. "