Etrials Releases EDC 2.0 Solution
MORRISVILLE, N.C. - etrials Worldwide, a provider of eClinical software and services, unveiled its new EDC 2.0 solution. The newest solution is scheduled to be released in Spring 2007.
etrials' EDC 2.0 builds upon its existing Web-based software as a service (SaaS) solution for collecting, managing, and analyzing clinical trial information. Based on research and planning with product strategists, customers, study investigators, and user interface experts, EDC 2.0 was designed to simplify study deployment, provide more function and design control, enhance user experience and workflow, and offer reporting and analytics capabilities.
Highlights of EDC 2.0:
- Embedded administrative tools for user, site, and study management
- Role- and permission-based configurations
- Configurable functionality (on/off) to support different study types
- Automated workflow to optimize common and frequent tasks
- Enhanced reporting and analytics
- Design and navigation to enhance user experience
EDC 2.0 can be integrated with other products, including interactive voice response (IVR) and electronic patient diaries (eDiary). EDC 2.0 also provides for incorporating third-party data (i.e., external lab and safety data).