New BuzzVoice Version Makes It Easier to Hear Web News
Mobile startup BuzzVoice this week added several new features to its streaming audio service that lets consumers listen to more than 1,600 of the Web’s top news and blogs on mobile devices.
BuzzVoice 3.0 is an all-new version for Apple devices, including Apple’s new iPhone 4. BuzzVoice 3.0 has six new features to make getting news on the go a convenient, safe, and customizable experience. In addition to being 60 percent faster, the new product allows users to:
- Create personalized playlists of their favorite sources with the Playlist Manager;
- Stream stories, while viewing text images and video in the Custom Streaming player;
- Listen to continuous news with the hands-free BuzzRadio and Auto-Stream features;
- Automatically track their favorite topics with Saved Searches;
- Hear what’s trending across the Web’s top sources with Trending Topics; and
- Build customized playlists of stories on the fly with Batch Select.
BuzzVoice collects the stories and converts them to audio in real time, so users can listen while they get things done. They can listen to the stories on the go on their iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, PC, or any MP3 player.
According to Pew Research, 26 percent of Americans now read news on mobile devices. While untethered news has its advantages, for commuters, fitness fans, and other multitaskers, reading news on tiny screens can be challenging –and when combined with driving, it can have serious safety implications.
To date, the service has streamed more than 2 million stories to iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad users in cars, gyms, trains, and other places.