Nuance Releases Version 4 of Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac
Nuance Communications has released Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac, version 4, a speech recognition solution that promises improved accuracy and higher performance with an enhanced speech engine designed specifically for clinicians, and supports more than 90 medical specialty and subspecialty vocabularies.
Supporting Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac streamlines documentation workflow by allowing clinicians to dictate appointment and clinical notes directly into Mac-based electronic health records (EHRs), such as MacPractice, and also use their voice while working within popular Web, email, and desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office or Gmail.
"Clinicians enter the medical field to make a difference in patients' lives, not to push paper. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac gives medical professionals back the time in their day to stay focused on patient care," said Peter Mahoney, Nuance's chief marketing officer and general manager for Dragon, in a statement. "Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac is a fast and accurate tool that reduces the daunting task of medical recordkeeping for sole practitioners and small medical offices who see high volumes of patients and need to document care quickly and accurately within their normal workflows."
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac adapts to a clinician's voice and words over time. Users can add custom words unique to their locations or patients or custom voice commands to execute multiple steps with simple voice commands. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac also now includes support for General English vocabulary for when clinicians dictate on their Macs for documents outside of medical work.
New features include the following:
- Improved accuracy over version 3 for more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties;
- Support for OS X Yosemite (10.10), in addition to OS X Mavericks (10.9);
- Higher performance and faster editing with pure 64-bit application and improved memory management;
- Support for full text control of email in Gmail, Safari, and Firefox;
- Automated voice-to-text for single-speaker prerecorded audio files or podcasts with similar accuracy for medical terminology as your own voice recording; and
- Support for General English vocabulary.
The English version of Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac, version 4, is available immediately for download starting at $999.99. USB flash drives for product installation will be available to ship starting in early March. Nuance will offer special upgrade pricing for current Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac, version 3, registered users.