Nuance’s Dragon Go! Now Available in the Apple App Store
Nuance Communications today released Dragon Go!, a free application for iPhone and iPod touch that gives consumers immediate, direct access to mobile content.
Not only does Dragon Go! hear what people are searching for, but it understands what they want, giving them direct access to relevant results from 180 of the most trusted and reliable content providers, including AccuWeather, Bing, ESPN, Facebook, Fandango, iTunes, Last.fm, LiveNation, Milo.com, OpenTable, Pandora internet radio, Rotten Tomatoes, Twitter, Wikipedia, Yelp, YouTube, and Yahoo!.
With Dragon Go!, people simply speak a query and the app automatically determines and then delivers the best content destinations via the newly optimized Dragon Carousel that makes content from related providers accessible with just a flick of the finger. Dynamic results are provided center and to the right, with additional results from Google, Bing or Yahoo!, Wikipedia, Twitter, and YouTube available to the left.
Dragon Go! combines Nuance’s Dragon voice recognition technology with natural language understanding, unique analytical tools, and elements of artificial intelligence. The result is an app that understands the intent of a query, and what a person wants to do, whether it's getting restaurant reviews, buying movie tickets, shopping, finding directions, or listening to his favorite music. For example:
- Say The best Mexican food near me, and instantly be taken to the Yelp tab for local reviews, or flip over to the Phone tab to call to find out about any specials on the menu that evening.
- Say Reservations for two at Capital Grille in Boston, to be taken directly to OpenTable to book a table for dinner, or scroll over to the Maps tab to find out how to get there from where you are now.
- Say Cowboys & Aliens near me to instantly buy tickets, read fan reviews, and see trailers on Fandango, and then scroll over to Twitter to see what other people are saying about the movie.
- Say Nikon cameras and be taken to the Milo.com tab to see the best local prices from nearby brick-and-mortar stores, or opt to see the product in action through video demos on YouTube.
- Say Concert dates for Kings of Leon, and be taken to the LiveNation tab to lock in tickets, flip to the media tab to listen to Kings of Leon on Pandora Radio or Last.fm, or download the album “Come Around Sundown.”
- Say Baseball fantasy stats and instantly see the latest player stats on ESPN.com.
- Say Weather in Albuquerque, New Mexico and get up-to-the-minute weather updates from AccuWeather.
- Say Call Whole Foods Market near me and instantly see a list of stores near you, including phone numbers to tap and call.
- Say Play Lady Gaga and automatically hear songs by Lady Gaga on your device, or say Lady Gaga on Pandora to instantly access your personalized Lady Gaga station.
- Say Driving Directions to the Capital Grille and get turn-by-turn directions to the nearest Capital Grille location from the Maps application.
"Dragon Go! showcases Nuance's advancements in natural language understanding, taking an open-ended spoken query and not only making the input easier and faster, but also enhancing the way people consume mobile Web content and apps,” said Vlad Sejnoha, chief technical officer at Nuance. "By understanding the intended actions of the mobile consumer, we can eliminate multiple intervening steps, and take people directly to where they want to end up—be it Pandora, Yelp, Fandango, LiveNation, and many, many other apps and sites."
Additionally, Dragon Go! lets people share information with their social networks through a pop-up toolbar to share links by email, text message, Facebook, or Twitter. And when speaking to Dragon Go! is not an option, people can easily pull up the keypad and type in text as needed.
"Dragon Go! delivers today's mobile consumers a level of instant gratification that has never been available with legacy search providers," said Michael Thompson, senior vice president and general manager of Nuance Mobile. "We intelligently transport users directly to their destination—no scrolling, links, or tapping, just direct access to the content providers people love and trust. And this is just the beginning; our range of partners is growing every day, with even more extensive app integration planned over the next year."
Dragon Go! is available on the Apple App Store in the U.S. in U.S. English at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-go/id442975871?mt=8&ls=1.
Dragon Go! is the latest addition to the Dragon Mobile Apps family, which includes Dragon Dictation and original Dragon Search apps for iOS, available in U.S., U.K., and Australian English, German, European and Canadian French, Italian, Americas and European Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin Taiwan, Cantonese and Korean. The Apps can be downloaded in the U.S., Canadian, Mexican, U.K., German, Swiss, Austrian, French, Italian, Australian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Hong Kong, and Korean App Stores.