Palm Treo 680 and Other Treo Smartphones in the U.S. Use TeleNav Wireless GPS Navigation Service
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Palm, Inc. selected TeleNav GPS Navigator for its Palm Treo 680 smartphone along with the other Treo smartphones currently available from Palm in the U.S. TeleNav GPS Navigator offers voice and on-screen driving directions, pedestrian mode for use while walking, full-color moving maps, information and directions to more than 10 million business listings including updated fuel prices.
"The availability of TeleNav GPS Navigator for our current U.S. Palm Treo family means our customers can experience the convenience and value of mobile navigation no matter which Treo they prefer or what network they are on," said Mark Bercow, senior vice president, business development, Palm, Inc. "TeleNav's proven experience in developing cutting-edge location-based services means we can feel confident that our customers are getting one of the most dynamic, feature-rich and cost-effective solutions available."
"As market awareness increases and more and more carriers offer LBS-capable devices, the demand for mobile GPS navigation will grow dramatically over the next couple of years," said David Chamberlain, principal wireless analyst at In-Stat. "The key to providing customers with the applications so many say that want - like TeleNav GPS Navigator - is to increase the number of compatible mobile phones."
Features of TeleNav GPS Navigator
- Voice and on-screen directions - While driving, get guidance from a human voice, receive automatic re-routing directions if a turn is missed, preview routes before beginning to drive, and specify navigation preferences including highways and streets.
- Biz Finder - Find businesses and services, including ATMs, restaurants, hotels, parking lots, shopping malls and more. Then navigate to them with the click of a button. Biz Finder also allows users to look up and call the phone number for a business.
- Fuel Finder - Find the gas prices within a five-mile or wider radius.
- Full color moving maps - See colorful maps of specific GPS locations and pan and zoom the map to view the surrounding streets.
- Destination entry - TeleNav GPS Navigator provides four methods for address entry - preplan your trips on www.telenav.com, type in your destinations directly into your phone using the keypad, dictate your destination using TeleNav's voice recognition address input system, or choose a business from the Biz Finder.
- Automatic map updates - TeleNav provides this to its customers over-the-air and automatically.
- Spot Marker - Find your car wherever you park it, such as in a large parking lot or on a street.
- My Favorites - Save multiple addresses for access later.
- 24x7 Customer Service - Get live help from TeleNav's trained support staff.