PromptSmart Launches Teleprompter App with Voice Recognition
PromptSmart has introduced a teleprompter app available for the Apple's iPad and iPhone. The company says it is the first voice-guided public speaking aid with VoiceTrack proprietary voice recognition technology.
VoiceTrack seamlessly follows spoken words and pauses during a speech, adjusting the speed of scrolling text in real time based on the speaker’s actual words and pace. The voice recognition processing is completed on the device itself, eliminating the need for an internet data connection.
PromptSmart also recognizes that many speakers prefer to use notes to guide their talks rather than full texts. For this style, PromptSmart includes a digital notecard feature that enables users to stay on-point with functionality to create, rearrange, and set optimum viewing parameters for notecards.
Features of PromptSmart include the following:
- VoiceTrack proprietary voice recognition: PromptSmart follows vocal cues, adjusting scroll speed to the user’s pace and position in the text.
- Place-holding: Go off script? PromptSmart will standby until the speaker returns to the text.
- Customization: Adjust fonts, text sizes, text color, etc. Set timers, scroll speeds, and more.
- Speeches on the go: Download .docx or .txt files from the cloud or email and PromptSmart automatically transforms them into speeches and/or digital notecards.
- Voice recording: Record and practice speeches. Play them back to note improvements.