ReadSpeaker Launches WebReader
ReadSpeaker has released ReadSpeaker webReader to speech-enable standard website content using text-to-speech technologies.
The product was previously branded as ReadSpeaker Enterprise Highlighting, but company executives changed the name to better reflect what it does.
ReadSpeaker webReader has all of the same features as ReadSpeaker Enterprise Highlighting, but with the following additions:
- New Listen button that expands to open a toolbar with many new features.
- The toolbar provides website readers with speech, reading, and translation tools to help them fully understand online content.
- The Simple View tool offers distraction-free reading of web pages in plain text format.
- The Read on Hover tool helps readers focus on web content, paragraph by paragraph. They can listen to a single paragraph being read out loud by simply hovering over it with their mouse.
- The Translation feature ensures that content reaches international audiences.
- The Word Lookup tool helps readers learn as they read web pages. They just select words on sites to find their definitions in an online dictionary.
By speech-enabling their websites, companies make them more accessible to those with literacy difficulties, learning disabilities, or reduced vision, language learners, the growing elderly population, and anyone else looking for a simpler way to access web content on the go.