ScanSoft Expands Portfolio of Text-to-Speech Software for Embedded Applications with RealSpeak Solo 4.0
NEW YORK - ScanSoft, Inc. announced the availability of RealSpeak Solo 4.0, the latest offering in its portfolio of text-to-speech solutions optimized for embedded and desktop applications.
The SpeechWorks Division offers TTS solutions for converting text to synthesized speech. Multi-language capabilities allow developers to deploy globally, while vocabularies and customized dictionaries provide pronunciation and intelligibility.
RealSpeak and RealSpeak Solo Features and Applications With memory sizes of 8-16MB for embedded and 30MB and 60MB for desktop, RealSpeak Solo 4.0 delivers voice quality and natural-sounding synthesized speech and can be incorporated into a wide range of applications, including:
· An array of consumer devices such as handsets, talking dictionaries, gaming consoles and desktop solutions.
· Automotive applications including hands-free dialing, navigation systems and command and control. Optimized for embedded navigation applications, RealSpeak Solo provides pronunciation of navigation related text used in automotive solutions and navigation devices.
· Assistive devices and technologies including talking automated teller machines, language learning solutions, screen readers and other assistive technology devices.
RealSpeak Solo 4.0 Features
- Based on RealSpeak, the most widely used TTS engine available, RealSpeak Solo shares the front end interface.
- RealSpeak Solo SDK is available for Microsoft Windows (Win98, WinME, WinNT, W2K and XP) and Microsoft WinCE Version 3.0 and higher, and includes 11, 16 and 22kHz versions.
- RealSpeak Solo is SAPI 5.0 compliant, and comes with a proprietary ScanSoft® API with support for Speechify® Solo API for transition for existing Speechify customers.
- RealSpeak Solo 4.0 provides backwards compatibility and an upgrade path for customers.