Vlingo Launches Its Virtual Assistant in France, Italy, Germany, and Spain
Vlingo has expanded the language support for its Virtual Assistant solution to include French, Italian, German and Spanish on all Android phones.
The new product launched today also includes a brand new user interface, a refreshed graphic design, simplified landing screens, and guided user instructions.
"We are excited to bring Vlingo's Virtual Assistant to new languages and to build on our amazing customer base of over 8 million users worldwide," said Ashley Griffiths, managing director for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa at Vlingo. "The addition of language localization for French, Italian, German, and Spanish is evidence of our commitment to expand language coverage of Vlingo's Virtual Assistant."
Below are a few examples of what you can do using Vlingo's app:
- "find famous Italian soccer teams" to learn that Milan and Roma are popular.
- "tell Marco we're meeting at the Pergamon museum at 5 p.m." to send a message to Marco.
- "update facebook -- touring La Sagrada Familia today!"
- call someone: "call Jane's mobile"
- get answers: "What is the tallest building in the world?"
- control your smartphone, completely handsfree, using Vlingo InCar.
Vlingo is available for Android 2.x and above. In addition to French, Italian, German and Spanish, Vlingo is localized for English, Chinese, Japanese. and Korean users. Vlingo is a free download on the Android Market.