AppTek Launches Speech Translate and Speech Transcribe
AppTek, a provider of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), automatic speech recognition (ASR), neural machine translation (NMT), and natural language understanding (NLU) technologies, has launched AppTek Speech Translate and AppTek Speech Transcribe through the Apple App Store, free for a limited time.
With both AppTek Speech Translate and AppTek Speech Transcribe, users can communicate in real time with others through a variety of languages, including Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Mandarin, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Pashto, Persian, Russian, Spanish or Turkish. The applications also support a variety of dialects and accents, including 12 Arabic, two French, three Spanish, five English, two German, and two Portuguese dialects.
AppTek Speech Translate is a two-way speech communication application that offers conversational real-time streaming speech-to-speech translation using the latest in artificial intelligence and machine learning for neural machine translation, automatic speech recognition, and text-to-speech technologies. AppTek Speech Translate allows users to do the following:
- Speak directly into their devices to transcribe and simultaneously translate spoken content into 17 languages in real-time and then deliver a natural-sounding spoken output for speech-to-speech translations;
- Access 100 pre-loaded offline phrases for emergency, medical, transportation, and dining situations; and
- Edit translations by changing the text into his native language.
With AppTek Speech Transcribe, users can transcribe voice memos, lectures, meetings, interviews, and other spoken audio content into text in real-time across 17 languages. Using AppTek Speech Transcribe, users can do the following:
- Speak directly into their devices and transcribe spoken words into readable text;
- Store recorded transcriptions for fast and instant retrieval; and
- Use the app as an accessibility aid when speaking with deaf or hard-of-hearing (HOH) individuals.
"By making both AppTek Speech Translate and AppTek Speech Transcribe available through the world's leading digital distribution platform, we are offering the benefits of powerful real-time, next-generation automatic speech recognition, neural machine translation, and text-to-speech to anyone who wants to take advantage of them," AppTek CEO Mudar Yaghi said in a statement. "These simple-to-use and highly accurate applications enable users to speak fluently in multiple languages across a wide range of domains, including travel, healthcare, conversational, and more, greatly enhancing communications in a breadth of situations."
AppTek and Gallaudet University are working together to bring better transcription and captioning to web and videoconferencing applications.
AppTek has expanded the number of languages for automatic speech recognition and neural machine translation available through the Modzy AI platform.