Medical Guardian Releases MGMove Smartwatch
Medical Guardian, a provider of personal emergency response systems , has released the voice-enabled MGMove medical alert smartwatch with features that promote the whole health of active adults, including their social, cognitive, and physical well-being.
Key features include the following:
- Medical Alert Features through a red button on the side or a swipe-to-alert feature within the watch's LED display;
- Activity Tracking for daily activity goals, weekly progress, and calorie count based on steps and weight;
- Social Circle App equipped with speech-to-text?technology that lets users communicate with loved ones by speaking directly into their watches;
- Reminder Alerts for calendar notifications and medication reminders;
- Charging Cradle with voice assist feature that allows users with poor eyesight to hear when the device is charging properly.
"Saving lives has always been at the heart of what we do at Medical Guardian, and with a community of over 300,000 seniors nationwide, we are grateful to have the privilege of providing life safety protection to those who need it most," said Geoff Gross, founder and CEO of Medical Guardian, in a statement. "As we continue to see the convergence of age tech and healthcare, we've felt there was a special opportunity for us to do more. Our team designed all of the software and user experience design for the MGMove, ensuring our customers can easily navigate the growing barriers in their life such as loneliness, memory loss, and declining mobility.
"The features of the MGMove are extremely intentional, each designed to promote greater well-being for our customers," Gross added. "The watch itself and its safety alert capabilities are meant to give users more confidence in their safety when going out; the two-way talk feature helps reduce social isolation by connecting users with loved ones; and the reminder system is built in to ward off cognitive decline."
The MGMove smartwatch can also share Care Circle information with caretakers and loved ones, which includes location, activity or inactivity levels, battery life of the device, and more.