Envox Worldwide Launches Envox 6.1 Communications Development Platform
WESTBOROUGH, Mass. - Envox Worldwide released Envox 6.1, the latest version of its communications development platform. This new release includes enhancements to the product's development, deployment and management capabilities.
Specific enhancements made in this release of the software include:
- Support for the speech recognition, text-to-speech, and speaker verification technologies including:
- ScanSoft OpenSpeech Recognizer (OSR) 3.0
- ScanSoft RealSpeak TTS 4.0
- Nuance Vocalizer TTS 3.0 and 4.0
- Nuance Verifier 3.5
- Support for grammars for all supported speech engines.
- VoiceXML Logging. The user configurable logs allow developers to track information about their VoiceXML applications and debug VoiceXML-based solutions.
- Support for Intel® NetStructure Host Media Processing (HMP) software release 1.1, Feature Pack 1.
- Expanded Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Support for Voice over IP-based solutions.
- Support for additional wireless services through Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD). This capability provides session-based communication between a mobile phone user and an application to enable a variety of wireless applications, such as prepaid roaming and chat.
- Hardware Simulator. A phone simulator has been added in Envox 6.1 eliminates the need to have a telephony board on development systems.
Key features of Envox 6.1 include a graphical programming environment, an embedded VoiceXML browser for executing VoiceXML scripts, numerous integrations for telephony and speech products, a runtime environment that supports up to 240 ports per server, and management tools for configuring, monitoring and managing deployments. In addition, Envox 6.1, when combined with the Envox VoiceXML Studio, provides developers with a VoiceXML solution that offers development, deployment and management capabilities.