Audiofile Engineering Releases voXover 1.0.1
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Audiofile Engineering introduced voXover, a new voice-over automation tool and batch recorder for Mac OS X. Designed in Cocoa, voXover is designed for multimedia professionals working in the OS X environment, taking advantage of CoreAudio, Quartz, and other features.
voXover is a voice-over automation utility and batch-recorder for multimedia projects that require large numbers of individual audio files to be recorded. Examples range from video game development and broadcast work to speaking dictionary and telephone voice-response production.
voXover allows you to write or import a written script and automate the recording of that script. The script can be displayed on voXover's teleprompter to the voice talent via your wired or wireless network. Sessions can range from completely automated to completely free-form. Takes are automatically created, named, and annotated as configured in the script. Takes may also be filtered, sorted, organized, rearranged, renamed, and exported at any time during the session.
- Based on Aqua interface
- Organizes scripts into hierarchical chunks
- Uses Bonjour technologies allowing remote machines to log into sessions
- Teleprompter mode for Bonjour-connected clients
- Works with pre-defined script or free-form
- Does not require users to learn proprietary markup languages
- Names files based on tokens such as take number, session, and abbreviated line
- Allows users to specify any number of takes per line
- Creates takes based on silence
- Exports takes based on ratings
- Automatically trims and pads takes when exporting
- Exports files as AIFF, WAVE, Wave Editor, SDII, or CAF
- Intelligent import utility imports scripts from TXT, RTF, CSV, or tab-delimited files
- Utilizes (and requires) features in OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Support for all audio hardware
- Support for multiple channel inputs
- Optimized for Altivec/SSE
- Universal binary