Vocollect Announces Newest Voice Solutions for Psion Handheld Devices
Vocollect VoiceClient 1.3 is now available for Psion’s rugged handheld devices, NEO and WORKABOUT PRO 3, enabling warehouses to manage orders using voice commands. This release of Vocollect VoiceClient marks the first release of voice for Psion’s NEO device and provides customers with increased voice performance and capabilitie
The new Vocollect VoiceClient 1.3 for Psion complements Vocollect’s Talkman solutions, providing a broad range of workflow solutions for companies that are seeking the productivity, accuracy and safety gains of voice with their distribution workforce.
“Vocollect Voice solutions on Psion’s devices are rich, full-featured and compatible with Vocollect Talkman devices, providing access to the most proven and highest performing voice solutions designed for Psion customers interested in streamlining their distribution processes through the use of voice commands,” said Lyle Sprinkle, product line manager for mobile user solutions at Vocollect.
Vocollect Voice 1.3 for Psion is based on Vocollect’s latest VoiceClient software platform and provides the following capabilities and enhancements:
- Extends support for the Vocollect SRX wireless headset on the Psion Neo and WORKABOUT PRO Speech 3.
- Provides enhanced capability, with multiple voice options for Vocollect Voice in 25 languages so customers can choose the option best suited to each mobile worker and function.
- Extends battery life and maximizes efficiency through the ability to use Psion’s device platforms with Vocollect Voice and the Vocollect SRX wireless headset while the device is charging.
- Facilitates the easy removal and use of the device for scanning or other activities while using the SRX.
- Provides increased support for 2D barcodes or other matrix codes that support more data than with standard linear codes.
“The availability of Vocollect’s capabilities across a wider range of our devices enables our customers to create high-performance solutions that include industry-leading voice capabilities,” said Mike McGuriman, regional vice president of sales for the eastern United States at Psion. “Through strategic relationships with companies like Vocollect and our collaborative online community, IngenuityWorking.com, we continue to transform the mobile computing market and offer our customers the most customizable handheld devices on the market.”