3iLogic Introduces the SimSim Embedded Speech Recognition IP Core
3iLogic-Designs today released it flagship solution, SimSim, a patent-pending, high-performance, ultra-low power, low-cost embedded speech recognition IP core that microprocessor manufacturers can include in their application processors, microcontrollers, application-specific integrated circuits, and field-programmable gate arrays.
3iLogic-Designs' SimSim IP core delivers high performance and ultra-low power in an extremely small footprint. Localized processing removes dependency on cloud connectivity and provides very fast and deterministic response.
Key features of 3iLogic-Designs' SimSim IP core include the following:
- High-performance, ultra-low power, IP core for localized vocal user-interface;
- Synthesizable solution that easily integrates into microcontrollers, application processors, ASICs and FPGAs;
- Small silicon foot print (135K gates);
- Always On capability that includes Voice Activity Detection (VAD) and keyword spotting (with or without speaker verification);
- Highly accurate, speaker independent recognition engine that requires no user training;
- Language-independent architecture;
- Programmable keyword, dictionary, grammar;
- Simple to complex grammar design with Java speech grammar support;
- Scalable vocabulary;
- 16/8 kHz audio support;
- Host processor agnostic and works with embedded or external system memories; and
- Development tools and APIs.
"Voice-activated user interface for everyday consumer devices is clearly causing a disruption, just as touch did to the keyboard. SimSim is breaking new ground in the field of embedded speech recognition by enabling voice-activated user interfaces on consumer devices that current solutions simply do not allow without adding significant resources to the device," said Dhaval Ajmera, CEO of 3iLogic-Designs, in a statement.
SimSim is available, as a technology license, to semiconductor companies as well as system companies designing their own semiconductors. In addition, SimSim ships with a full set of deliverables, support, and training.