BeVocal Automates Handset Activation Process
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - BeVocal released an automated handset activation for wireless carriers. BeVocal's self-service activation solution works with all GSM and CDMA handsets.
With automated activations, new or suspended subscribers can activate or reactivate their handset by providing information such as:
· Handset serial number/SIM card number (for GSM phones)
· User info (name, address, home phone number, date of birth)
· User preferences (rate plan, add-ons)
· Other info (place of purchase)
· Payment info (credit card, debit card, stored value card, or checking account)
The system is designed to encourage purchases and continued use of the service. For example, users are presented with the option to add features and services when they activate or reactivate their phones. Furthermore, suspended users who attempt to make a call are redirected to Activations, where they can reactivate their phone.
Handset Activation is part of BeVocal's hosted self-service solution for the customer lifecycle.