Nuance Introduces Dragon Drive Automotive Assistant
Nuance Communications has introduced the Dragon Drive Automotive Assistant, a conversational, proactive, and personalized virtual personal assistant for the connected car.
As part of the Dragon Drive platform, the Dragon Drive Automotive Assistant combines Nuance's voice, cloud, and connectivity components. It leverages data about driver preferences, the car, and the driver's surroundings to create a proactive assistant that completes tasks while keeping interactions to a minimum. It understands the driver's context by tapping into known preferences as well asthe data shared by the car's sensors and diagnostic systems. For instance, when the car is due for an oil change, the assistant can recommend a service time, date, and dealership location.
Dragon Drive Automotive Assistant offers a comprehensive suite of features and services, including the following:
- An embedded and connected natural language interface for conversational dialogue for tasks like phone dialing, music search and playback, and message dictation;
- Intelligent navigation and point-of-interest (POI) search functionality;
- Voice biometrics and contextual learning capabilities;
- A proactive daily update service that provides information and content to the driver that is personalized based on past interactions, such as music and directions;
- Intelligence that conveniently connects the driver to local dealerships for scheduled maintenance and service appointments; and
- Production-ready, customizable domains.
"The connected car is evolving into the intelligent car, with access to content, services, and apps that are changing the way people interact with an automobile. The Dragon Drive Automotive Assistant makes apps and services simpler and easier to engage with, reducing driver distraction via a system that delivers on driver needs through the power of conversation," said Arnd Weil, senior vice president and general manager of Nuance Automotive, in a statement.
Nuance's Dragon Drive technology is deployed in more than 130 million cars and 50 million portable navigation systems worldwide from automakers like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, and Toyota.
Dragon Drive's Contextual Reasoning leverages automotive data and driver preferences to deliver a more intelligent connected car.
Nuance's Dragon Drive powers the voice interface of SAIC's connected car Roewe RX5
BMW has integrated Nuance's hybrid voice and natural language technologies to allow drivers to access in-car infotainment.
Telenav's integration with Dragon Drive provides location and context-aware cloud-based search in automobiles.
Nuance Dragon Drive powers natural language interface for Mercedes' connected apps and services.
Nuance's lab will serve as the proving grounds for voice and content systems optimized for the connected car.