SouthernLINC Wireless Launches Mobile GPS Navigation with TeleNav GPS Navigator
ATLANTA & SANTA CLARA, Calif. - SouthernLINC Wireless, a Southern Company (NYSE:SO) customers now have access to a GPS navigation system on their mobile phones. TeleNav GPS Navigator offers SouthernLINC customers turn-by-turn voice and onscreen directions to addresses across the country. Other features include Biz Finder, which provides information and directions to businesses such as ATMs, restaurants and hotels, and Fuel Finder, which will direct users to the closest gas station with the cheapest gas that day. Additionally, with TeleNav GPS Navigator's voice-recognition system, customers can call in addresses while on the road. Before they begin driving, customers can also enter in addresses using the phone keypad or they can preplan business or vacation trips on TeleNav's Web site.
"This is an exciting day for SouthernLINC Wireless and our customers," said Julie Pigott, vice president of marketing and customer support for SouthernLINC Wireless. "For both our consumer and business customers alike, TeleNav GPS Navigator is a service that can save time and reduce stress. The fact that we are able to offer this on our mobile phones and at an affordable price means that we are bringing even more value and benefits to our customers."
TeleNav GPS Navigator is available for a fraction of the price of in-car navigation systems and dedicated personal navigation devices (PNDs). The service starts at just $9.99 per month and SouthernLINC customers are not charged cellular airtime minutes for using the service.
Features of TeleNav GPS Navigator
- Voice and on-screen directions - As you drive, you will get up-to-the minute guidance from an easily understood human voice. Receive automatic re-routing directions if you miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences, including highways and streets.
- Biz Finder - Find businesses and services, including ATMs, restaurants, hotels, parking lots and shopping malls. Then easily navigate to them with the click of a button. Biz Finder also allows users to quickly look up and call the phone number for a business, saving money on unnecessary 411 directory calls.
- Fuel Finder - Save money by finding the lowest gas prices within a five-mile or wider radius.
- Full color maps (available on select phones) - See colorful maps of specific GPS locations and pan and zoom the map to view the surrounding streets.
- Easy destination entry - TeleNav GPS Navigator provides three methods for address entry - preplan your trips on www.telenav.com, type in your destinations directly into your phone using the keypad, or dictate your destination using TeleNav's unique voice recognition address input system.
- Automatic map updates - Never worry about updating new map information or having to pay for updates - TeleNav provides this to its customers automatically and at no additional charge.
- Spot Marker - Easily find your car wherever you park it, such as in a large parking lot or on an unfamiliar downtown street.
- My Favorites - Save as many addresses as you want for easy access.
- Language preference - Choose English, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, Cantonese, Vietnamese, French or Portuguese.
- 24x7 Customer Service - Get live help from TeleNav's trained support staff - on any day and at any time.