Voxeo Offers New Security Suite
Voxeo has launched Security Suite, which includes the company's ANI, Toll, Voice, Location, Payment, and PCI Verifiers, as well as Level 1 PCI Hosting solutions.
The components are delivered as API Web services in the Voxeo hosted cloud. The APIs are accessible from both Voxeo hosted and customers' premise-based platforms.
"Humans are the most vulnerable link in the security chain, and while that human factor will never be completely eliminated, we believe the best prevention is to put technology in place to stop the attacks before they reach a live agent or employee," said John Amein, senior vice president of product management at Voxeo, in a statement. "Social engineering works because these attackers take advantage of our very human desire to be polite and helpful, but Voxeo's multifactor authentication and verification approach makes it less likely that their tricks and deception will work."
The Security Suite includes:
- Voxeo ANI Verifier, which analyzes the phone number of incoming calls to determine if the Caller ID/ANI is spoofed. If the number has been spoofed, the call is rejected or flagged as suspicious and escalated for more stringent verification.
- Voxeo Toll Verifier, which monitors outgoing calls to identify unusual calling patterns and block calls to expensive premium rate numbers or international destinations.
- Voxeo Voice Verifier, or voice authentication, which captures and analyzes individuals' unique voiceprints to verify their identity.
- Voxeo Location Verifier, or location-based services, which allow companies to flag a user's mobile voice, text, and Web interactions as suspicious when they come from atypical locations or from multiple locations in a short time. Companies can also build services to verify that a customer's mobile device location matches the location of attempted purchases. Location Verifier can also be used to deter fraud in any mobile workforce. For example, companies can use location "check-in" intelligence via mobile Web, phone calls, or text messages to verify that home healthcare professionals, security guards, installers, and technicians are at their jobs when and where they should be.
- Voxeo Payment Verifier, which secures automated credit card transactions with dynamically generated security questions based on customer purchase and payment history. Unlike static knowledge-based authentication (KBA), which uses predictable questions, dynamic KBA is based on a wide collection of verifiable information.
- Voxeo PCI Verifier, which analyzes the log output of Voxeo Prophecy and Voxeo VoiceObjects applications in real time to verify they are following Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance guidelines.
- Voxeo PCI Hosting, a PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) Level 1 Service Provider certified platform. The Voxeo PCI Hosting service lets merchants, banks, and enterprises leverage Voxeo's precertified and predeployed infrastructure, leading to compliance cost savings.
"Voxeo's Security Suite is a very timely offering because it enables companies to leverage existing technologies to protect their business interests and customer data from human fraud," added Dan Miller, senior analyst and founder, Opus Research. "Voxeo's multifactor approach to authentication provides a fast, efficient, and secure method to detect impostors over the phone. As the incidence of fraud continues to escalate, so, too, will the importance of putting the right measures in place to minimize those risks cost effectively."
Voice biometrics is gaining momentum in the enterprise.