eharmony Launches Alexa Skill
Online dating service eharmony has launched a skill for Amazon Alexa, allowing users to hear their matches and messages by voice and then ask Alexa for more info on dating prospects.
The ability to listen to eharmony matches through Alexa is the latest move by eharmony to make it easier for people to connect with possible matches in a fast paced world.
"Alexa provides a unique, human element to eharmony," said Grant Langston, CEO of eharmony, in a statement. "The eharmony skill for Alexa advises singles on matches who are compatible and sent messages. The eharmony skill for Alexa also surfaces pertinent information, like location and occupation that some people might gloss over if they are just quickly swiping at attractive pictures. With the eharmony skill for Alexa, people can focus more on the other elements of a profile by listening to her."
As the skill reads through the profiles and tells users about their matches, it also sends photos of a potential love interests to their smartphones.
Here are some helpful phrases to use with Alexa:
- To check out your matches, say "Alexa, ask eharmony for my matches."
- To read your unread messages, say "Alexa, ask eharmony to read my messages.
- To hear who viewed your profile, say "Alexa, ask eharmony who viewed my profile."
- To get a summary of your account activity, say "Alexa, ask eharmony to give me a summary."
Alexa also offers some fun, witty remarks, such as the following:
- "Oh my, you have a lot of new matches."
- "Let me tell you about your first match. Ooh la la! She lives 5 miles away!"
- "Oh and there is NAME. What a catch! He seems great."
- "You have five unread messages, woo hoo!"
- "You are popular today!"