Amazon Announces New Echo Devices
Amazon introduced a new line-up of Echo devices, Echo companion devices, and Amazon smart home devices, making it easier to bring the features and convenience of Alexa to any room and now, to the car.
New Echo devices include:
- All-new Echo Dot: Now with a new speaker for louder and crisper sound, an updated fabric design, and still $49.99
- All-new Echo Plus: A simple way to start your smart home with a built-in Zigbee hub, plus an upgraded speaker and a new design, and still $149.99
- All-new Echo Show: An all-new design, upgraded speaker, a 10-inch HD display, and a built-in smart home hub, plus all the glanceable features for $229.99.
- Echo Auto: Bring the power of Alexa to your car, now available by invitation
New Echo companion devices include:
New smart home devices include:
- AmazonBasics Microwave: A compact countertop microwave that connects to your Echo device to make cooking easier for $59.99
- Amazon Smart Plug: Control compatible lights, fans, coffee makers, and more for $24.99
With its built-in Zigbee smart home hub, the all-new Echo Plus (amazon.com/echoplus) makes setting up compatible smart home devices easy. Just say, "Alexa, discover my devices," and Echo Plus will automatically discover and setup compatible lights, locks, sensors, plugs, switches, and more without the need for additional hubs or apps. Echo Plus now includes an embedded temperature sensor, so you can set temperature-based routines using other smart home devices. For example, when the living room reaches 80 degrees, Alexa can send a notification to your phone and turn on a connected fan.
With Wi-Fi simple setup, you can automatically connect compatible smart devices to your Wi-Fi network and Alexa in a few easy steps. All you need to do is power on the smart device and it will recognize and connect your device to your Wi-Fi network using a Wi-Fi password that you have saved in your Wi-Fi Locker. Wi-Fi simple setup is available with new Echo devices, the new Amazon Smart Plug, and the AmazonBasics Microwave.
New Smart Home Devices
The AmazonBasics Microwave is a compact countertop microwave that connects to your Echo device and makes cooking easier by integrating the simplicity and convenience of voice. Features include:
- Cook with your voice: With AmazonBasics Microwave, ask Alexa to reheat, defrost, or microwave for your desired cook time and power level. Plus, use a variety of quick-cook voice presets such as, "Alexa, microwave two potatoes" or "Alexa, reheat a cup of coffee" and the AmazonBasics Microwave takes care of the rest. Since Alexa is always getting smarter, new quick-cook voice presets will be added regularly.
- Never run out of popcorn: Now you don't have to keep track of how much popcorn is in your pantry or worry about running out for family movie night. AmazonBasics Microwave is integrated with Amazon Dash Replenishment and with the Auto Popcorn Replenishment feature, can automatically reorder popcorn before you run out.
- The "Ask Alexa" button: When the built-in Ask Alexa button is pressed, your paired Echo device wakes up and will begin listening for a microwave command. Simply press and say "two minutes and 30 seconds on medium" and AmazonBasics Microwave starts cooking. With the Ask Alexa button, there's no need to say "Alexa" or "microwave."
With the Amazon Smart Plug, use your voice to control your lights, fans, coffee maker, and more. The Amazon Smart Plug is the first Wi-Fi smart plug to use Wi-Fi simple setup, making it easy to start--and expand--your smart home with connected devices. All you need is a compatible Alexa-enabled device like Echo, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Sonos One, or even just the Alexa app on your phone to get started. From there, easily set a routine that turns your lights on at 6:00am and your lights off at 10:00pm; and with multiple Amazon Smart Plugs, you can control multiple outlets.
Sensory, a provider of wake words for personal assistants, raises the performance bar for always-listening wake word and speech recognition, with an upgraded turn-key voice interface solutions for devices of all shapes, sizes, and power requirements.
Alexa now knows how to do millions of things, including new capabilities across Routines, Music, Smart Home, Home Monitoring, Alexa Calling, Amazon FreeTime on Alexa, and more.