Presto Launches Voice Capability for Restaurants
Presto, a provider of restaurant technologies, has launched Presto Voice to automate speech recognition for restaurants.
Restaurants can use Presto Voice to scale operations. The product can be deployed in a variety of restaurant settings, including drive-thrus, line busters, kiosks, pay-at-table systems, and server handhelds, to streamline the guest experience while increasing the guest-to-staff ratio. The Presto Voice solution has an accuracy of more than 95 percent and includes a human backup option.
Key features of Presto Voice include the following:
- Voice-based ordering by staff or customers;
- Conversational artificial intelligence that recognizes and adapts to accents, environmental conditions, and noise levels;
- Consistent upselling that can be customized to individual characteristics;
- Real-time menu optimization that can promote items with short preparation times (or higher margins) when things are busy; and
- POS integration so orders are automatically transmitted to the point-of-sale system.
"Ordering is a real friction point for both guests and staff, and Presto Voice both speeds this up and makes it more accurate and profitable," said Rajat Suri, founder and CEO of Presto, in a statement. "With Presto Voice, we're providing a superior solution that works every single time and never forgets to upsell. This is especially important in the face of the ongoing labor shortage when restaurants may be understaffed and staff may be inexperienced."