SoundHound Launches Chat AI Voice Assistant
SoundHound AI, a provider of voice artificial intelligence, has launched SoundHound Chat AI, a voice platform that gives companies and their customers access to a multimodal voice assistant with voice-enabled generative AI.
With the launch of the accompanying SoundHound Chat AI app, consumers and businesses will be able to submit queries by speaking while text and/or audio output relays the response.
SoundHound's Chat AI platform can integrate any third-party generative AI model to create a conversational experience using technology that intelligently selects the correct response from the most appropriate domain, whether that's a ChatGPT-powered answer, or the kind of response that large language models can't handle, like real-time questions about weather, sports, stock, and flight status.
"SoundHound Chat AI ushers in a new phase of voice-enabled, conversational AI that used to only exist in science fiction," said Keyvan Mohajer, CEO and co-founder of SoundHound, in a statement. "By combining the power of software engineering and machine learning with generative AI, we can finally deliver the digital assistant experience users have been desiring for decades."
SoundHound Chat AI uses software engineering technology named CaiLAN (Conversational AI Language) and machine learning technology named CaiNET (Conversational AI Network) to ensure fast, accurate, and appropriate responses. The former deploys software engineering to build knowledge domains (like weather, restaurants, traffic, and local search), while the latter uses machine learning to better understand queries and provide the right responses. CaiNET can connect to SoundHound's internal models as well as external models such as OpenAI's GPT, among others. CaiLAN controls and arbitrates the results
With SoundHound Chat AI, users can ask queries like the following:
- "I need some ideas for a birthday gift for my 16-year-old niece."
- "Can you plan an evening out for me and my wife in New York City with dinner and live jazz?"
- "What are common interview questions for a junior financial analyst?"
SoundHound Chat AI also allows users to ask follow-up questions and commands in order to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request, like the following:
- "Show me romantic restaurants in San Francisco that have more than 4 stars on Yelp and have a patio, but exclude chains."
- "Sort by rating, then by highest price, but exclude the ones with 4 dollar signs."
- "Don't show anything with less than 100 reviews."
- "Only include the Japanese and Italian ones."
- "How long does it take to drive from San Francisco airport to the first one?"
- "Does it have parking?"
- "Call it."
- "Did the Warriors win their last game?"
- "When's their next home game?"
- "How do I get tickets?"
- "Can you tell me the best way to get there from San Jose using public transportation?"
- "Is it raining there tonight?"
SoundHound is also integrating generative AI into its SoundHound for Restaurants and SoundHound Automotive products.
The SoundHound Chat AI app is now available by subscription in the Android Google Play Store and coming soon to the iOS App Store.
SoundHound's technology provides a seamless interface combining its proprietary AI and generative AI platforms, like ChatGPT.
08 Feb 2023