400 Tech Leaders to Sign Guidelines for AI Regulation
The Conversationa AI Leadership Council has released The Ethics & Integrity Charter for LLM-Based AI, a two-page document that provides philosophical guardrails around technologies like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Bard, to the public prior to being signed by a group of more than 400 tech executives, media, and politicians from across the world.
"The Ethics & Integrity Charter for LLM-Based AI comes at a time when guardrails on AI are so desperately needed," said Jon Stine, executive director of the Open Voice Network, a community of the Linux Foundation. "The breakneck pace of AI development has not left ample time for trust to be built. This charter, and its pillars, address what is often missing in our current discourse on artificial intelligence, in time to help developers and users to consider the issues, and to guide regulators craft thoughtful, effective legislation."
Among the more than 400 tech leaders on the Conversational AI Leadership Council are the following:
- David Ciccarelli (CEO, Voices.com)
- Reena Gupta (CEO, Wisdocity/Mom Relaunch)
- Raymond Kunik (chief digital officer, Resideo)
- Sadie St. Lawrence (CEO, Women in Data)
- Brian Cotton (senior vice president, Frost & Sullivan)
- Wendy Turner-Williams (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Harry Pappas (CEO, Intelligent Health Association)
- Faith Brewitt (conversational AI public relations)
- Mark Fosdike (CEO, Datch)
- Oita Coleman (senior advisor, Open Voice Network)
- Jay Brandrup (principal, Kinetic Communications)
- Surbhi Rathore (CEO, Symbl.ai)
- Oz Rashid (CEO, MSH)
- Rana Gujral (CEO, Behavioral Signals)
- Mike Kneeland (managing director, Pergo Design)
- Emily Binder (CEO, WealthVoice)
- Hardik Parikh (chief revenue officer, Shaip)
"History has shown us the importance of counterbalancing impactful new technology in our lives with thoughtful governance," said Bradley Metrock, general partner of Project Voice Capital Partners, a venture capital firm investing in early-stage conversational AI startups, and CEO of Project Voice. "AI has uniquely brought political liberals and conservatives together with an urgency to protect our shared future. This Ethics & Integrity Charter for LLM-Based AI represents some initial fruit of that labor, and we're excited to share it with local, state, national, and international regulators the public has entrusted to turn principles into action."
An online version of the Charter is available at https://www.change.org/ChatGPTEthics