BigHand Releases New Speech Recognition Software for Law Firms
BigHand, a provider of voice productivity software, today launched BigHand 4.2, a new version of its dictation software with features and enhancements to reduce end user training time, increase accuracy and improve the usability of speech recognition for law firms.
BigHand 4.2 delivers the following new speech recognition usability tools:
- support for multicore processors with Dragon v11 SDK Server to increase the number of users per server and improve document turnaround time;
- the legal dictionary included in Dragon v11 SDK Server to reduce training time while enhancing accuracy of documents;
- an enhanced secretarial playback function to ensure accuracy of automatically transcribed documents by instantly exporting text into Word templates and proofreading at high speed via ‘karaoke text’ or ‘streaming text’ modes;
- an instructions mode to improve the speed of document production; instructional text is highlighted within the transcription and is identifiable during proofreading;
- formatting control via voice commands, including the ability to bold, italicize, underline, capitalize, and bullet;
- the ability to import auto-transcribed text into Outlook and Word; and
- advanced speech recognition analytics to enable more sophisticated management reporting on the use of speech recognition to promote best practice and help resource planning.
"We are incredibly excited about the launch of BigHand 4.2; the new software is the result of our experience in delivering successful speech recognition projects and extensive consultation with users through a series of client focus groups" said Steve Butterworth, president and CEO of BigHand. "We have developed new features that make speech recognition technology available to a much wider group of lawyers. We have also developed new proofreading tools that will further improve secretarial efficiency.
"We also understand that having the right technology in place is just one part of the process. We believe BigHand project delivery makes the difference between a satisfactory implementation and a great deployment," he continued. "Our expertise in managing projects and driving end user adoption is backed up by the high levels of service and support that clients have come to expect from BigHand.’’
Asif Ali, products director at BigHand, added: "As the market leader, we are committed to the development of innovative yet highly usable technology that benefits our clients. In the development of BigHand 4.2 we have involved users at every step. We have consulted extensively on the challenges our clients face and how speech recognition can be used to overcome those challenges. As a result, version 4.2 delivers significant new tools to improve document production and enhance the efficiency of lawyers and the individuals that support them."