Nuance Launches Dragon Legal Group
Nuance Communications has released Dragon Legal Group, an industry-specific version of its speech recognition software for legal professionals. Built with a specialized legal vocabulary, Dragon Legal Group enables dictation of legal documentation, transcription, and customization features that can be shared and deployed across a practice or legal department.
Dragon Legal Group, coupled with the Nuance User Management Center, simplifies how speech recognition can be deployed and managed across groups of users. For instance, a single administrator can centrally oversee deployments of Dragon to multiple employees, including assigning Dragon licenses, monitoring usage, managing settings or updates, and sharing custom terminology.
Dragon Legal Group includes a number of features, including the following:
- A built-in legal vocabulary trained using more than 400 million words from legal documents;
- Improved transcription capabilities for tasks like transcribing recorded notes;
- Customization capabilities that enable users to add and share additional custom words and auto-texts;
- Support for Citrix virtualized environments;
- An improved "What can I say?" feature, which provides context-sensitive suggestions for words and commands to use as a person is dictating; and
- The ability to import and export custom words and auto-texts to and from the Dragon Anywhere mobile dictation service.
"Dragon is already a proven solution for many legal professionals who rely on the written word for their livelihood," said Peter Mahoney, senior vice president and general manager of Dragon, in a statement. "With Dragon Legal Group, it is simple for law firms and legal departments to extend the benefits of Dragon, including fast and accurate dictation and transcription, the ability to share custom legal terminology, and integration with existing workflows, to employees to ultimately increase time spent with clients and on billable work."
Legal professionals can leverage dictation, transcription, and mobility for to create documents.
iPhone and iPad users can leverage cloud-based dictation for mobile productivity.
The cloud-based solution brings dictation to Android smartphones and tablets.
Dragon powers professional dictation and documentation for PC, Mac, the enterprise, and mobile devices with a suite of solutions that sync and follow users from device to device.