GoUAskMe Launches Location-based Information Services
GoUAskMe, a silicon valley-based company, provides location-based information to consumers over the phone. Consumers dial a toll free number and a menu that works on an underlying speech engine to recognize user input (voice or DTMF) gives information over the phone to the consumer on various services.
GoUAskMe technology allows consumers to dial a toll free number and access the content they need while they are mobile.
This is how it works :
1. Dial 1-888-GoUAskMe (1-888-468-2756)
2. Say what you are looking for (e.g. traffic, gas price, events, real-estate etc.)
3. Specify the location (e.g. traffic on freeway 280 north, gas price in 94087 etc.)
4. Get the requested information on your phone
GoUAskMe launched four new services that went live as of February 1st, 2007 and these services include:
- gas prices
- traffic information
- real estate and property prices
- local, Bay-area South Asian events