Nuance Expands Open Architecture to Deliver More Flexible, Enterprise-Grade Conversational AI
Nuance Communications, Inc., a provider of conversational AI innovations, announced the Nuance Intelligent Engagement Platform will expand its open, cloud-agnostic framework, adding new Intelligent Engagement Services and broadening back-end integration capabilities— allowing organizations around the globe to leverage Nuance’s decades of experience building conversational AI technologies while modernizing the relationship between businesses and technology.
Nuance has a history of effectively integrating its Intelligent Engagement Platform with complex systems, including for some of the world’s biggest consumer brands, global financial services organizations, and leading telcos. By expanding its open architecture, Nuance can continue to meet organizations where they are and ensure deployments are driving true ROI by leveraging existing infrastructure and legacy investments and deploying however is most effective for a given customer’s business. Not only does it allow large organizations to better customize deployments to fit their dynamic needs, the expansion also lets smaller organizations more readily access the tried and true technology that has powered the Fortune 100’s most successful Conversational AI deployments to date.
The Nuance Intelligent Engagement Platform now offers:
- Access to conversational building blocks via microservices and APIs including:
- Conversational AI Services for Speech to Text, Natural Language Understanding, Text to Speech, and Dialog Management
- Messaging Services for automated and human-assisted customer engagement across channels
- Agent AI Services that empower agents and supervisors with relevant, real-time information
- Security and Biometrics Services for Authentication and Fraud Prevention
- Enhanced back-end solution integration to third-party cognitive engines and data sources to augment Intelligent Engagement
- Cloud-agnostic flexibility allowing organizations to deploy the same solutions across Nuance Hosted, Public Cloud or Private Cloud
Amazon and leading technology companies announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a new program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with flexibility through interoperable voice services.
Digital veteran to advise award-winning voice technology company as consumers increasingly adopt smart speakers.
Global Connected Consumer Index highlights need for marketers to strike a relevancy balance to deliver personalization and brand value without alienating consumers.
McDonald's buys Apprente--a provider of voice-based, conversational technology--in a move that will integrate new teams with advanced technology skill sets into the McDonald's business.
Sensory's new custom voice assistant platform is a modular, edge- or cloud-based virtual assistant platform that offers companies everything they need to deliver a branded voice assistant ordering experience to customers.
SPi Global announced the release of SmartDub, a solution that enhances Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology to generate synthetic voices creating a more natural and immersive experience for users.
Picovoice, a Canadian AI startup, has developed a real-time speech recognition engine that can run offline anywhere, from a $5 Raspberry Pi Zero to within a web browser.