Quantum Expands Use of NVIDIA Technology
Quantum, a provider of solutions for video and unstructured data, is unveiling a solution to analyze and enrich video content used in broadcast, post-production, sports, and other media workflows. The new solution integrates Quantum's CatDV asset management and automation platform and leverages NVIDIA A2 Tensor Core GPU infrastructure, and the NVIDIA AI platform. NVIDIA Deepstream NVIDIA Riva, and NVIDIA Maxine software developmen kits (SDKs) are part of the NVIDIA AI platform that provides AI and machine learning capabilities to Quantum's CatDV software.
"Quantum CatDV has been leveraging NVIDIA GPU systems for years as part of our media transformation implementations. With this solution, customers can now add NVIDIA's world-class, proven [artificial intelligence and machine learning] technologies to their content workflows. The solution serves as a centralized platform to enable users to find the hidden value in content libraries and amplify human curation like never before," said Dave Clack, vice president and general manager of cloud software and analytics at Quantum, in a statement.
This solution gives customers an on-premises alternative to cloud-delivered AI services. Customers can automate common content-tagging and enhancement tasks, such as object recognition within video frames, speech-to-text transcription, video and audio super-resolution, and other tools to add metadata to video and image files.
The Quantum AI content enhancement automation solution is composed of the following:
- Quantum CatDV Enterprise with CatDV Automation Workers;
- AI/ML integration based on NVIDIA DeepStream video analytics, NVIDIA Riva automatic speech recognition and text-to-speech technology, and NVIDIA Maxine video and audio quality enhancement SDKs;
- NVIDIA A2 Tensor Core GPU infrastructure pipeline integration for Quantum CatDV proxy generation, transcoding, and AI acceleration;
- Optional custom AI/ML development;
- Quantum StorNext shared file storage environment integration;
- Optional Quantum NVMe storage to accelerate content movement within the GPU pipeline; and
- Optional Quantum archive to Quantum ActiveScale, Quantum Scalar tape, or S3-compatible storage.