TXU Energy Introduces Ivy, a Virtual Customer Care Assistant
TXU Energy a Dallas-based provider of electricity for Texas consumers, last week introduced a 24/7 virtual assistant named Ivy.
Ivy, which was developed with interactive voice response (IVR)systems provider Interactions, can answer customer calls and address common customer issues. Ivy also comes with an enhanced voice recognition service that filters out background noise.
TXU Energy customers can use Ivy to do the following:
- Authenticate accounts;
- Retrieve account balances;
- Make payments and receive payment confirmations;
- Set up payment arrangements or enroll in payment options, like Average Monthly Billing;
- Sign up for AutoPay;
- Identify and toggle between language preferences;
- Update contact phone numbers;
- Reconnect service that have been disconnected;
- Gain information on power outages; and
- Receive status updates related to new or reconnected service orders.
"Personalizing the customer experience and being easy to do business with are key elements of our customer experience design," said Jeff Camp, vice president of contact center operations at TXU Energy, in a statement. "With more than 1.7 million customers, each with unique preferences, effective self-service is more important than ever. We’re proud to move our already best-in-class IVR platform and take its self-service capabilities yet another step ahead to continue providing the top service in the state."
Last year alone, more than 70 percent of TXU Energy's customer service interactions took place through self-service channels like IVR, in addition to online, social media, and mobile platforms.
Continuing demand gives these applications an impetus for improvement.