ZoomSafer Enables Drivers to Send and Receive Voice-Powered Texts and Emails
ZoomSafer, a provider of policy management software to prevent distracted driving, announced today the launch of a new hands-free service that enables voice-based access to text and email.
The new VoiceMate service audibly alerts the driver when email or text messages are received from prioritized contacts. By touching a single key on his or her phone, the driver can listen to, and accurately respond to, important text and email messages using just his or her voice. This service augments ZoomSafer’s existing hands-free services for smartphone users including:
- auto-replies to incoming emails, text messages and unanswered phone calls;
- prioritized filtering of incoming calls; and
- one-touch access to voice activated dialing.
ZoomSafer + VoiceMate is the only safe driving software to combine policy-based controls with hands-free productivity services. The VoiceMate service is an add-on to basic ZoomSafer and costs an additional $3.99 per month or $40 per year. Basic ZoomSafer costs $2.99 per month or $25 one time.
“Despite the fact that it’s incredibly dangerous and, in many cases, against the law, millions of American motorists still find themselves sending texts and emails every day,” said Matt Howard, founder and CEO of ZoomSafer. “VoiceMate is a natural extension to our existing safe driving offerings, and for those who just can’t help themselves, VoiceMate offers a simple, affordable, hands-free and legally-compliant way to stay connected with text and email while driving.”
ZoomSafer’s flexible solution provides families, mobile professionals, and corporations the ability to define and enforce safe driving policies. Policy customizations include:
- launch automatically or manually;
- restrict access to text, email, and Web while driving;
- auto-reply to text, email, and missed phone calls;
- make and receive hands-free phone calls;
- manage inbound and outbound phone calls based on priority; and
- enable or disable passenger-exit option.