Otter.ai Releases Live Video Meeting Notes
Otter.ai has released Live Video Meeting Notes, which enables participants to open secure live interactive transcripts directly from video conferences or after meetings.
Otter.ai Live Video Meeting Notes enables users to access some of the same real-time features available in Otter Voice Meeting Notes, launched directly from a video conferencing platform. Otter.ai Live Video Meeting Notes are currently available to Otter for Teams and Zoom subscribers, with additional video collaboration integrations coming. Otter Live Video Meeting Notes is available today for Otter for Teams and Zoom Pro subscribers or higher.
"Virtual meetings have skyrocketed during the COVID-19 outbreak as organizations recognize that high-quality voice meeting notes are a critical tool for employee productivity when collaborating within an office or in any virtual meeting," said Sam Liang, CEO and founder of Otter.ai, in a statement. "Otter usage with Zoom meetings has increased by more than five times in the past few weeks, and we're seeing new sign-ups from remote workers and distance learning. Otter has transcribed more than 25 million meetings, accounting for more than 750 million transcribed meeting minutes to date."
The Otter.ai Live Video Meeting Notes Zoom integration includes the following:
- Live transcription: All meeting participants can open the Otter.ai Live Transcript in the LIVE menu at the top of the Zoom window. They can log into Otter.ai to highlight, comment, and add photos to the live meeting notes.
- Post-meeting transcription: Otter.ai will automatically download Zoom cloud recordings for transcription.
- Headset support: Otter.ai Live Video Meeting Notes can capture both sides of a conversation when using headsets or earbuds.
Otter for Teams provides the following:
- Real-time, shareable, and collaboratively annotatable transcription with Live Video Meeting Notes;
- Team-wide custom vocabulary for boosting the accuracy of unique names, industry-specific terms, acronyms, and jargon;
- Shared speaker voiceprints;
- Centralized billing;
- User management;
- Reporting on usage statistics; and
- Two-factor authentication.
"The Otter.ai transcriptions provide our students with futuristic note-taking services in a world where distractions are plentiful," said Joshua Hori, accessible technology analyst at the University of California, Davis, in a statement. "As campuses work toward implementing universal design, Otter.ai has brought us that much closer in creating accessibility for all students and allows us to focus our real-time captioning resources where needed."</p/>
"As an analyst who sits in as many as 15 meetings a day, both in person and virtually, Otter.ai has been one of my top go-to meeting apps," said Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst at ZK Research, in a statement. "With the new Live Video Meeting Notes capability, folks can now access and annotate real-time notes during Zoom meetings. And since you can use Otter.ai with other video conferencing systems as well, all your notes are in one place."
Otter.ai generates smart notes that sync audio, text, and images. Users can search, play, edit, organize, and share meeting notes from any device via the Otter Voice Meeting Notes app. The company developed and owns its proprietary stack, including automated speech recognition, speaker separation (diarization) and identification, word synchronization, and summarization.