Nuance Launches Omnichannel Patient Engagement Virtual Assistant Platform
Nuance Communications today launched an artificial intelligence-powered patient engagement virtual assistant platform to transform voice and digital experiences across patient journeys.
The advanced platform integrates and extends the capabilities of the electronic health record (EHR), customer relationship management (CRM), and Patient Access Center systems to enable healthcare providers to modernize their digital front doors.
Nuance's patient engagement platform provides the following:
- Seamless, consistent and unified omnichannel experiences across voice, web, mobile, messenger, and smart speaker/IoT interactions;
- Integrations into clinical, financial, customer, telephony, electronic health record, CRM, and patient access center (call center) telephony infrastructures;
- Prepackaged applications that meet specific pain points around patient access, patient support, virtual care, and messaging;
- Access to Nuance Mix ;to build custom platforms and applications;
- Advanced and unified data analytics to monitor, assess, and react to service performance metrics and identify improvement opportunities across channels;
- Microsoft Azure HITRUST CSF-certified cloud platform.
"Our new omnichannel Patient Engagement Virtual Assistant Platform takes a holistic approach to powering healthcare's new digital front door, overcoming the shortcomings and inconsistencies of partial point solutions," said Peter Durlach, senior vice president of strategy and new business development at Nuance, in a statement. "By marrying the capabilities of our healthcare experience and the proven omnichannel customer engagement technology trusted by Fortune 100 companies worldwide, we can help address the urgent need of providers and patients alike to transform access to, and delivery of, care in the modern age of digital medicine."
"Nuance's omnichannel patient engagement platform represents a new integrated philosophy for enabling healthcare's digital front door and a well-thought-out, well-implemented, and highly practical solution for delivering an enhanced level of digital services to patients," said Dr. Stephanie Lahr, chief information officer and chief medical information officer at Monument Health, in a statement. "As Nuance has already demonstrated with its clinician-facing healthcare solutions, the company is now bringing its AI technology to bear to help solve the pressing challenges that healthcare organizations face with patient engagement, improving the overall patient experience and driving better clinical outcomes while at the same time enhancing the financial performance of the organization during these transformative times."