Nuance to Acquire Viecore
Nuance Communications signed an agreement to acquire Viecore, a Mahwah, N.J.-based consulting and systems integration firm specializing in the deployment of contact center solutions for large enterprises. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The acquisition of Viecore expands Nuance’s professional services capabilities and complements its existing partnerships, allowing the company to deliver end-to-end speech solutions and system integration for speech-enabled customer care in the financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, utilities, and government markets. Among some of its key clients are Aetna, AIG, Bank of America, Delta, DHL, GE, Hertz, Horizon BlueCross BlueShield, National Grid, Prudential, Sears, Wellpoint, and Wells Fargo.
"The growing acceptance of speech solutions in contact centers has resulted in accelerating network speech sales, where growth exceeded 25 percent in the most recent quarter," Wes Hayden, president of the Nuance Enterprise division, said in a statement. "Increasingly last year, we received requests from our enterprise customers for us to take responsibility for the integration of core speech technology and applications with their enterprise systems. The demand for larger, more comprehensive enterprise speech solutions requires deeper and broader consulting and implementation services. Businesses can now work with a single, trusted provider to meet their end-to-end delivery needs for the speech-enabled contact center."
"To deliver great customer interactions, organizations must not only have the necessary infrastructure and technology, they must also be able to get the most out of their contact center investments," said Thomas Chisholm, president and CEO of Viecore. "By combining our contact center services expertise, speech experience, and complete solution delivery process with Nuance’s comprehensive customer experience focus, we’re better positioned to drive superior enterprise-level service solutions."
The Viecore acquisition will allow Nuance to:
• Combine and integrate multiple technologies to provide an end-to-end customer experience.
• Deliver the full range of services required to plan, design, develop, deploy, integrate and optimize enterprise speech solutions.
• Expand relationships with existing partners, including Avaya and Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories. These partners can now work with one team to service the needs of joint customers, simplifying the sales, deployment and ongoing maintenance processes.
• Implement and optimize a full range of contact center solutions, including caller interaction services using speech and touchtone, computer telephony integration (CTI), agent desktop and reporting solutions, and systems integration.
• Leverage stringent software development practices and standards for government solutions through Viecore’s Federal Systems division.
Since 1989, Viecore's integration services have brought together CTI (computer telephony integration), IVR (interactive voice response), speech, and Web technologies. Its customer interaction solutions are deployed in thousands of enterprises worldwide, helping millions of callers every day to access information and perform self-service transactions.