Envox 6 Now Available
WESTBOROUGH, Mass. and STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - E
nvox Worldwide announced the general availability of Envox 6, the next generation of its open, standard-based communications development platform which now delivers expanded VoiceXML, speech, Web services and VoIP capabilities in a single platform. Optimized for rapid application development, Envox 6 is ideal for creating and deploying a wide range of voice solutions, including interactive voice response, enhanced self-service, automated directory assistance, alerts and notifications, voice portals, mobile Internet and unified communications.
These expanded features coupled with Envox 6's rapid application development and advanced system administration capabilities, allow developers to further reduce the time, cost and complexity of developing and deploying voice solutions. Specifically, Envox 6 offers:
· Enhanced VoiceXML gateway capabilities that lower the deployment costs of VoiceXML 2.0-compliant solutions.
· Updated support for speech recognition, text to speech, and speaker verification technologies from ScanSoft and Nuance, which enable developers to use Envox 6 to create advanced speech-enabled solutions.
· Support for Web services, including the SOAP, XML and WSDL protocols, which simplifies the integration of voice solutions with enterprise applications.
· Support for Intel® NetStructure Host Media Processing (HMP) version 1.1 which enables voice solutions to be deployed on general-purpose Intel® based servers, not specialized telephony hardware, and, therefore, reduces total cost of ownership for voice solutions.
· The Envox Alarm Center, a notification mechanism with a graphical user interface, that simplifies administration by detecting error conditions and alerting administrators.