ISpeak4U Debuts HandySpeech
ISpeak4U has announced the availability of HandySpeech, the only handwriting-to-speech application for the iPad.
The assistive technology application supplements or replaces speech for people with spoken language difficulties, such as autism, stuttering, stroke, muscular dystrophy, post-operative voice difficulties, and others. Users write what they want to say in any one of thirteen languages, and the software converts the handwriting into speech.
HandySpeech was created by 12-year-old Eric Zeiberg, who was inspired by his sister, Julie, who has speech disabilities as a result of autism.
HandySpeech's features include:
- Handwriting recognition technology by PhatWare
- Text-to-speech powered by iSpeech
- Adaptive technology application
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) application
- Context analyzer
- Multilingual support with 13 major languages in a male or female voice
- Adaptive learning of the user writing patterns
- Cursive, print, and mixed handwriting style recognition
- Use of simple finger gestures to insert special characters such as space and return
- Alternative keyboard input