Nuance Introduces Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Legal Edition
Nuance has launched Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Legal, voice recognition software that enables attorneys and other legal professionals to create documents and control their PCs by voice, increasing productivity and driving down costs.
This latest version of Dragon Legal includes the same core enhancements found in the recently released Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12, as well as additional capabilities tailored to meet the needs of legal professionals, such as a customized legal language model, transcription workflow support, and legal formatting options.
"Legal professionals need to increase their productivity as much as possible, given the demands on their time and expertise," says George Khater, senior director of product management at Nuance. "Dragon NaturallySpeaking Legal 12 was designed to specifically increase the productivity of legal professionals by streamlining the process of creating legal documents and correspondence."
Dragon Legal includes a special language model to achieve optimal out-of-box accuracy when dictating legal terms. Dragon Legal automatically formats legal citations and allows the import and sharing of custom word lists most relevant to each practice or department specialty. In addition, for large firms or legal departments within organizations, network administrators can now obtain rich, objective Dragon usage information to help achieve better recognition results and track return on investment.
"Dragon Legal has a number of capabilities, including a legal language model and legal citation formatting," Khater says. "Dragon Legal has also increased flexibility around the creation and transcription of recordings, ensuring that legal professionals can dictate on the go, not just when they are near a computer. The ability to dictate any legal document, including contracts, court filings, and client emails—up to three times faster than physically typing it—will undoubtedly give anyone in the legal profession more than a few hours of precious time back each week."
Nuance said that Dragon Legal offers up to 20 percent improvement in the out-of-box accuracy compared to version 11. This means legal professionals can speak naturally and Dragon will understand, allowing them to get more done faster. Dragon Legal also now delivers:
- Natural-sounding text-to-speech that reads back editable text with fast-forward, rewind, and speed and volume control for easy proofing or multitasking.
- Smart format rules that allows Dragon Legal to detect format corrections—abbreviations, numbers, and more—so dictated text looks the way the user wants it to every time.
- An interactive tutorial that presents exercises to help users learn and practice good dictation, correction, and editing habits so they can create text more quickly and efficiently.
- Streamlined transcription via Dragon's Auto-Transcribe Folder Agent (ATFA), which manages the flow of transcribed text and synchronized audio of digital voice recordings to streamline third-party review and correction.
- Security features, configuration options, and administrative tools that make it easy to manage voice profiles, custom vocabularies and commands, feature access, and multiple installations over a network. Administrators can create a recognition log file for each end user, to easily and quickly gather rich, objective usage information to help achieve better results. Dragon Legal is Section 508 certified, enabling support for government-mandated accessibility requirements for workers with disabilities.
Dragon Legal also helps law professionals maintain optimal productivity on the go through the use of a Bluetooth wireless headset for superior mobility and wideband Bluetooth that delivers exceptional recognition performance. In addition, users can use an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or compatible Android device as a remote microphone for greater freedom and flexibility.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Legal is available for $799.99 through Nuance's Web site as well as its global network of reseller partners, software retailers, and professional sales organizations.
Australian firm makes a case for BigHand's voice productivity and speech solutions.
10 May 2013
Available for immediate download in beta.
24 Oct 2012
The app offers tablet interface choices and swappable keyboard designs.
18 Oct 2012
Voice recognition solution streamlines clinician workflow in iOS apps.
16 Oct 2012
Dragon Assistant lets people speak to their PCs to search the Web, find content, play music, check and reply to email, update social network statuses, and more.
12 Sep 2012
Dragon voice recognition powers apps on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7 platforms
31 May 2012